1. English being the official language of the UNHCR Cairo as well as Africa and Middle East Refugee Assistance (AMERA) office, the psychosocial intern must be fluent in both oral and written English. Arabic language or one of the other languages spoken by refugees in Cairo is a distinct advantage.
2. A background in mental health and social work and experience working in human rights and/or with refugees and asylum seekers in a social work capacity.
3. A minimum of one year of experience providing psychological or social work services to refugees and asylum seekers.
4. A Masters degree in psychology, social work, or a related field or an MD in psychiatry preferred. You may also be in the process of completing such a degree. Assistance with finding a qualified supervisor is available through Dr. Harrell-Bond (behbond[at]aucegypt.edu).
To apply for an internship placement please send the following documents:
· Cover letter, including the date you intend to start the internship
· Curriculum Vitae
· Brief writing sample (less than five pages)-legal advisor applicants only
· Contact details and email addresses for three references
· Statement of ability to financially support oneself for the duration of the internship
AMERA-Egypt accepts Psychosocial Interns three times per year in January, May, and September.
Please submit your applications to: email@example.com
To APPLY CLICK HERE